Breed: - Lurcher, Bull X

Colour: - Brindle

Children: - not sure

Cats: - NO

Small dogs: -

Large dogs: -

Housetrained: - Lives in a kennel

Spayed/neutered: - No

If you have room in your home and your hearts for Mac please visit our websitehttp://www.scottishgreyhoundsanctuary.com where you can complete an online application form or you can email us at info@scottishgreyhoundsanctuary.com or phone us on 08456439335

Mac came to me as a foster at the end of January. His previous family were getting more visitors due to their growing family and Mac was becoming more and more stressed and afraid of people he didn’t know both inside and outside.

When he arrived here he took to Stephen and I straight away and quickly accepted the different characters of the rest of my pack.

We had a few problems over the first couple of months with Mac escaping over parts of of fence and hedge that we didn’t know anything was able to get through and demonstrating his high pray drive he learnt as a working dog.

With us he was such a cuddly, soft lump and quickly learned to accept the few visitors that we have. On walks we sometimes meet other people but are able to avoid busy areas so Mac is able to relax and enjoy his walks. 
We knew Mac wasn’t going to be an easy dog to rehome and were unsure how he would take going to another home with people he didn’t know.

Our biggest problem with keeping Mac is that we have  a cat and Mac would do everything he could to get to him. So we made a few changes around the house and garden to ensure that my cat could be kept safe and both cat and dogs could have their own space and be safe. 
Now that is done we decided that Mac has becoming too much part of our family to let go so for the 5th time in fostering for SGS since 2012 we have become failed fosters. 🥰

:thumbup:Just the best outcome for Mac 💓One more and you will equal our 6 FFs :lol:

Happy days forever Mac :sBo_reflection[1]:

Hooray!!!!!!! Bestest home ever for Mac

so good, amazing news, have a fab life big guy.

Oh bless him- he looks so lovely, but prey drive's a tricky thing. Ever since Charlie ate Diane's kids' hamster, we've not let him anywhere near the cat, although it might be OK.

Mac, you're a gorgeous, very lucky boy: may you have many happy, healthy, safe days with Shona and co. :sHa_shakeshout[1]:

Oh I remember Mac. I collected him from his original owners, they were devastated in having to part with him, the husband was a gamekeeper and Mac always went with him, so yes he does have a high prey drive. I know he is a very loving boy. I'm so happy that he is finally going to have his forever home, be happy Mac.