Breed: - Greyhound
Colour: - Black
Children: - not yet assessed 
Cats: - yes
Small dogs: - yes
Large dogs: - yes 
Housetrained: - yes 
Spayed/neutered: - Yes

If you have room in your home and your hearts for Belle  please visit our websitehttps://www.scottishgreyhoundsanctuary.org where you can complete an online application form or you can email us at info@scottishgreyhoundsanctuary.com or phone us on 08456439335

EA0CE62C-5C98-43D6-BA5F-4289BC6ACB1B.jpeg

89E37D94-422F-47BC-8B33-81A39167859C.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

This sweet girl is now in a foster home and is getting on great with her foster brothers and sisters, including a cat!!! She's learned to roach on the sofa so we know she's a fast learner!

• 1 month later...
  • SGS Team

Belle went to her forever Home last week with a lovely couple and their cat Enzo. They have been taking things slowly and allowing Belle to settle at her own pace. In a week she has become part of the family. She knows not to mess with Enzo and goes into her crate when he gives her the evil eye. She enjoys cuddles with her mum and dad and is even starting to play with toys.

Belle was a pleasure to foster taking everything in her stride but I was happy to see her going to her forever home as I know she will be very loved and spoiled.

Thank you as always to Michelle for taking her in and to  Howard and Alison for bringing her up to Scotland.

You will have the best of Christmases Belle and have many many years of being a very  loved and appreciated Pet. 

What a lovely Christmas story!

Happy new home, Belle, and may you enjoy a long and healthy life in your forever home, especially if you always remember not to mess with Enzo 😍

Thank you everyone for getting this sweet girl to me.

Last night was a get together with all our neighbours - they all kept asking after her so I had to go and fetch her - she was definitely the star of the show and loved being made a fuss of!

We’re just back from a nice long walk with Lola, our neighbours dog, and she also got to meet another SGS greyhound, Chloe, who happened to be in the area visiting friends!

Here is a picture of her with her favourite toy!

14CB4F5C-D45D-43D3-9BA7-C1887D5A697D.jpeg

• Administrators

good ness she has been busy, she must be exhausted after partying !! 

excellent meeting another houndie too!

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, DScot said:

She's lovely, congratulations Keir. 

Same date of birth and more than a passing resemblance to our Flash. Can anyone from SGS confirm if they might be from the same litter?

Damien 

Belle’s DOB is October 2016

Sire : Confident Rankin 

Dam : Knockglass Maeve 

• 2 months later...

Belle is settling in nicely. Starting to develop her own personality and getting nice and mischievous!

Enzo the cat has made sure she knows who's boss and we've had no trouble between them.

Her coat is getting lovely and shiny and she's been off lead for a run a couple of times, which is fantastic to see, I can't quite believe how quick she is.  Neither can her friend, Lola, who has made a token effort to join in but soon realised that wasn't happening!

She has her own Instagram @el_doggo_lungo which I need to get better at updating, I'm looking forward to the longer days where I can get her out without her coat on a bit more!

Thanks once again to everyone at SGS for our fantastic family member!

• SGS Team

So pleased that she has settled in well with you and Enzo.  Great update :)

• SGS Team

Glad to hear Belle is doing so well. I think we are all looking forward to the longer/warmer  days

• Administrators

That’s lovely to hear, she bagged herself a brilliant home 😊

Yesterday she sort of chased a ball!

She's watched the other dogs play with a ball in the past, but has always been more interested in them than the ball. Yesterday she found a tennis ball in the field, and picked it up. So I threw it for her.  She took off after it, but then just went straight by it and kept running!  It's progress though!

• Administrators

😁 isn’t it lovely when they discover the joy of balls and toys! They are so funny with their big gangly legs. 

I think she got a certain kick out of me fetching though!

I'd throw it, she'd run over and sniff it, then come back to me, at which point I would go and fetch it for her...

• Administrators

😂 been there! 

• SGS Team
7 hours ago, Keir said:

I think she got a certain kick out of me fetching though!

I'd throw it, she'd run over and sniff it, then come back to me, at which point I would go and fetch it for her...

She’s got you well trained 🤣