• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
ClaireB

K9 Factor information thread

We have 12 categories and each category winner will have their own month in SGS's 2020 calendar, all categories will open on Wednesday the 28th of August and will close at 7pm on Wednesday the 11th of September, then the voting begins, to find our calendar stars.
When uploading photos please follow the following procedure to prevent the forum from being overloaded - Use the website https://postimages.org, you will need to register for an account but it is free. When you have uploaded your chosen images select "share" and then copy and paste the "Hotlink for Forums" link into the category. If you are having any issues with posting photos then please let ClaireB know via PM. Please do not simply copy and paste or upload directly to the forum as this will cause it to overload and shut down.

Each category winner will get their own page in the SGS 2020 Calendar, they will also go into a Grand Final vote to find the overall K9 Factor star, with fabulous prizes to be won. 

Categories will be as follows

Category 1 - Gorgeous Girls
Category 2 - Handsome Lads
Category 3 - Golden Oldie
Category 4 - Anything Goes
Category 5 - Biggest Smile
Category 6 - Beautiful Blacks
Category 7 - Water, Water everywhere
Category 8 - Flower Power
Category 9 - Action Shots
Category 10 - Best Roacher 
Category 11 - Festive Fun  
Category 12 - Homeless Hounds 
(please note that for cat. 12 the dog should have been in foster with you at some time within in the last year)

The cost is simple £10 to enter three photo's per category in the competition, that is a one off £10 for all the categories, if you wish to enter more than three photo's then each additional photo for the whole of the competion will be £3.

So just to clarify, you pay £10 and you can enter 3 photo's in any category that you are eligible for, if you wish to enter more than three then each extra photo will cost £3, so for £13 you can enter 4 pictures per category, £16 for 5 per category and so on......  Payments should be made via PayPal using the Donate button on the website, please mark them as K9 Factor.

So come on everyone get snapping Smiley-TakingPicture.jpg

If anyone has any questions please post below

Competition opens tomorrow! Get those photos looked out and ready to go 

14 minutes ago, Chantel (robin) said:

I have just realised that you have to pay for posting pictures in the comp do I just donate on the website sorry I didn't read thread first xxx

Yeah for £10 you can enter up to 36 photos (3 in each of the 12 categories you are eligible for) 

PayPal/donate button and make sure you mark it as K9 factor

Thanks for organising guys! I've (happily!) spent a fortune on calendars this last 2 years, buying them for all and sundry - they make such lovely presents.

58 minutes ago, Scott said:

Im far more excited about this than I should be 😲

We all get excited about our hounds potentially being ‘stars’ in the SGS Calendar no matter how many years we have been doing it . 😄

Only a few more days to enter the K9 Factor! C'mon folks get snapping!

8 hours ago, JustJim said:

Beautiful Black 

11666254_10206889055014969_5464741203808323862_n.jpg

I have moved this picture to The beautiful blacks catagory 😀

I've loved looking at all these pictures - you could make a dozen unique calendars!

Everyone's a winner for me!

Loving the flurry of photos here, but just a reminder about the payment for entering the competition - 

"The cost is simple £10 to enter three photo's per category in the competition, that is a one off £10 for all the categories, if you wish to enter more than three photo's then each additional photo for the whole of the competition will be £3".

How do I stop sharp pics being compressed? I uploaded a 2mb sharp pic and it’s now 32kb and fuzzy? 

5 minutes ago, Alva said:

How do I stop sharp pics being compressed? I uploaded a 2mb sharp pic and it’s now 32kb and fuzzy? 

Did you use Postimage like it says at the top? The forum can't cope with lots of photos.

If it wins though we will get the original from you

56 minutes ago, ClaireB said:

Did you use Postimage like it says at the top? The forum can't cope with lots of photos.

If it wins though we will get the original from you

Ah ok, I’ve always wondered why my pics were always fuzzy! I’ll register, ta