SGS Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dianthus Barbatus

Fireworks cause death of ex racer Paddy

Absolutely tragic! Poor family, poor dog :crying:

http://www.edp24.co....death_1_1117255

Denise

I saw this on Facebook, absolute tragedy. They will never get over losing Paddy like that. Run Free Paddy :angel:

How tragic! Poor wee dog and his family. :(

Max is SO terrified of fireworks; not looking forward to them kicking off.

In God,s name when is the goverment going to bang these b*****y things, sadly Paddy is not the only victim of these stupid things. We had fireworks go of across the field from us tonight so I took the dogs out ( in a safe secure area ) to let them see what all the fuss was about after a couple of minutes they all, including Sula just trotted back into the house, go figure :huh:

How sad. What a beautiful lad Paddy was. Will people ever learn that these b***dy things, pretty though they may be, cause mayhem with animals and devastation to owners such as Paddy's who will never get that horrific scene out of their minds?

Run free at the Bridge, Paddy baby.

god i would be in meltdown and it sounds like the family are too. run free bonny boy. to be so scared in his last few moments that would haunt me forever

prey for rain tonight everyone. thundering battering rain and winds for the next week or so.

Tragic :crying: Run free Paddy :angel:

I'm dreading tonight, last night was bad enough round here, Tam was fair spooked :(

Next year everyone can descend on ours for a halloween hound party - we havent heard a thing :phew: and are unlikely to! Definite plus of living out of town/city and in a village of o.a.p's! You can also bring them at New Year if need be :yes:

You dont want bad weather though as that just puts off the inevitable as those fireworks will be let off at somepoint soon - I suppose its best when we are most prepared so we can get it over with.

RIP poor Paddy ... Wrote to MSP's and MP about these have had an acknowledgement from MP and a letter today from one of my MSP's today but haven't read it yet!!

What ever it says won't help for tonight...

Poor Paddy.

I don't think banning the sale of fireworks will make the slightest difference to be honest. There's always going to be someone able to supply them, and with the Internet being as accessible as it is, people would just buy them online.

I think, unfortunately, it's up to us as pet owners to keep our babies safe, to just bunk down and try and ride it out as best we can. That might be quite easy for me to say as my two couldn't care less about fireworks. Bella on the other hand was terrified up until this past year. Much easier to calm and reason with a child than a dog though.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information