SGS Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ianandjudith

Jura's DNA results

This is for anyone who knows Jura............

well we decided to take the plunge and find out the results from both Jura and Charlie's DNA. Charlie's haven't come back yet, very possibly because he chewed up one of the sample sticks so it probably was contaminated by my DNA when I fished it out of his mouth :P

Jura's feels a bit unlikely to us:

62.5% greyhound

37.5% saluki

What do you all think? Seems a bit small and solid for that (or are we overfeeding her? she weighs 19 kilos); and not really hairy enough?

And now Charlie's results:

87.5% greyhound and..............

12.5% golden retriever

Well we didn't see that one coming! So much for our vet's conviction that he'd got a lot of border collie in him :unsure:

Interesting, we did that with Fonz and he was 75% Greyhound and 25% staffie. 

Salukis don't have to be hairy and they can be pretty small so that could work.

Yeah - when we think about it, saluki crosses are apparently bred for hare coursing and we'd already worked out that's what she's good at!

And we looked at some photos of longdogs and she looks pretty similar. And here we were thinking she was a ragamuffin :ph34r:

Good thing we've been calling her Duchess :wub:

I could see the saluki with Jura, Judith....although the company will tell you that although their DNA is x or y it doesn't necessarily mean that they will display too many of the specific breed traits.  Charlie's mix is a bit of a strange one ....do you think that was an accident somewhere in his past, can't think that anyone would deliberately mix a grey with a retriever lol.

Whatever their mix is it's just a bit of fun and doesn't really change how we see them...although it may explain why they are a pain in the backside at times.  Oscar, if you remember is mainly greyhound with between 6 and 10% American staffy which makes 100% lunatic 😂

I think Salukis are stunning, so i can see why Jura is so stunning now xx

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information