SGS Forum
  • Announcements

• ClaireB

12 Days of Christmas   12/13/2017

Be sure to check out our post in the Behaviour and Training section about all the issues and possible dangers that face all dogs at this festive time of year
ClaireB

SGS Christmas Can collections - Inverness

Yes its that time of year again :eek: we are planning out Christmas can collections. :723[1]:

As always this is a really big fundraiser for us and sets us up for the year to come. We are organising things slightly differently this year however, just having one day instead of the whole weekend to try and maximise bodies and collections. 

For Inverness it will be Saturday the 9th of December, meeting place to be confirmed.

If you would like to volunteer please post below, PM myself or email us on info@scottishgreyhoundsanctuary.com with one of the following time slots; 

11am - 1pm / 1pm - 3pm / 3pm - 5pm (please note that the time slots may be subject to change)

Hounds are of course welcome and the fancier they are dressed the more attention they attract. :704[1]:

Sorry can't make the Inverness one this year - shame as I enjoyed it & the dog loved the attention!  May I suggest this time though that you have banners or something easily visible as we rather faded into the background last time.

I can do any afternoon/evening slot.  Yes, like janm said, it would be much better if we had some banners this year so make us more visible!

9 minutes ago, JKCamp said:

I can do any afternoon/evening slot.  Yes, like janm said, it would be much better if we had some banners this year so make us more visible!

Great thanks. Your both right it would be great to have all the banners and things in Inverness the same as we have in Glasgow but it's not always possible to get things up there

On 10/25/2017 at 4:20 PM, ClaireB said:

Great thanks. Your both right it would be great to have all the banners and things in Inverness the same as we have in Glasgow but it's not always possible to get things up there

Is there any way the banners could be collected/returned?  I would be happy to meet someone somewhere if it's at all possible!

On 31/10/2017 at 4:21 PM, JKCamp said:

Is there any way the banners could be collected/returned?  I would be happy to meet someone somewhere if it's at all possible!

I will see what we can do

I can do that date.  I'll do 11.00 - 1.00.  But not if there's only going to be me!  Great news about the banner!

I can still do 3 till 5pm ish as long as the train is running!

1 hour ago, janm said:

I can do that date.  I'll do 11.00 - 1.00.  But not if there's only going to be me!  Great news about the banner!

44 minutes ago, CosmicClare said:

I can still do 3 till 5pm ish as long as the train is running!

That's so great, thanks 

3 hours ago, ClaireB said:

Please note that the date of this has now changed to the 9th of December. Also you will have your very own SGS flag banner 

@JKCamp @janm

Fab!  Thanks, Claire!  I'm still available for the afternoon on that day!  Just let me know what time :)

Any idea yet whereabouts in Inverness?   Just thinking of warm clothing :huh:

Probably meet at the Unicorn, but you would be free to move around during your slot 

Good place, lots of footfall.  Will wear several pairs of socks to stop feet freezing :lol:

I can do the first one at 11am but unfortunately won't be able to bring a dog with me this time.  I'll see if I can borrow one (or maybe two) from someone for the day.

You can borrow one of my lurchers if you need to ;)

2 hours ago, ronand said:

I can do the first one at 11am but unfortunately won't be able to bring a dog with me this time.  I'll see if I can borrow one (or maybe two) from someone for the day.

That's great, thanks. Like Jan said you will probably be able to borrow a dog. 

Will there be anyone else doing the 3 till 5pm too or will I be on my own eek! Sesame is looking forward to it, I think we'll be wearing lots of layers :o

Sorry not me - it would mean a long drive home in the dark & I don't like driving in the dark!

3 hours ago, CosmicClare said:

Will there be anyone else doing the 3 till 5pm too or will I be on my own eek! Sesame is looking forward to it, I think we'll be wearing lots of layers :o

Yes there is, dont worry we would never have one person on their own 

Dress rehearsal for the can collection - not looking very impressed, but the hats will also keep their ears warm :rolleyes:

xd.jpg

:wub::wub:  So cute!

@ClaireB Dot would like to bring her lurcher to the can collection. What slot would be best? :)

4 hours ago, EmmaMac said:

@ClaireB Dot would like to bring her lurcher to the can collection. What slot would be best? :)

Either the middle section 1-3 or the last section 2-4