Breed: - Greyhound
Colour: - White & Black 
Children: - Not yet assessed
Cats: - Not yet Assessed
Small dogs: - Under assessment
Large dogs: - Under assessment
Housetrained: - Currently in an SGS foster home
Spayed/neutered: - yes 
Rikki is a handsome big lad, he's just arrived from Ireland and now that is racing days are over he is looking for a lovely sofa to chill out on.
His assessments are ongoing and we will update more here as we get to know him.
If you have room in your home and your hearts for Rikki  please visit our website http://www.scottishgreyhoundsanctuary.com where you can complete an online application form or you can email us at info@scottishgreyhoundsanctuary.com or phone us on 08456439335

Rikki3.jpg

This very special boy has found his Forever Home :wub: Rikki has a new name as well. He is to be  called Fionn, Irish for Finn. Fionn has settled in remarkably well with his wee sister Mazzy the Cairn terrier:wub: She's been snuggling up to him on his giant bed.

His new Dad was saying that when they were both out in the garden it looked like a pony and a hedgehog :lol: there is such a difference in their size as Fionn is a big lad even by greyhound standards. His new Dad couldn't praise him enough and is amazed at how gentle and easy he has been.

Be happy lovey boy, what a contrast from the horrendous life you had in Ireland.

Thanks to George and Lyndsey who fostered this boy and to Vanessa who had him for a sleepover weekend .:signthankspin:

Fionn and Mazzy are getting along great together and Fionn has been exceptional considering everything he's been through recently.  Thank you so much to everyone involved for making this happen :signthankspin:
I'll post up more pics soon.

Thanks again,

Gary.

21919157_1875091185845223_2084571992_n.jpg

21912795_1875092145845127_1574314427_n.jpg

A pony and a hedgehog made me 😂. So glad this special boy has a wonderful home now, looking forward to hearing of his antics in the future. 

So happy to hear this Gary, we loved having Fionn and we're so glad he has settled in well. I'm sure he is loving Mazzy and will enjoy meeting the other dogs in your family. I love the picture of them curled up on the bed. 

Well done Fionn ( a cool name). Having met you I know how huge and gorgeous you are ❤️.

Well done George and Lynsey again. Kerr sends his love too.

22054330_1879854628702212_1403695940_n.jpg.da94551dde7fab9c7aeb47a2d3f6fd25.jpg

Fionn is settling in superbly. With every day comes a few more wags of the tail and a bit of mischief. He loves to meet other dogs when we're out and he's perfect on the lead. He went into full on play mode last night in the garden, certainly surprised Mazzy, I don't think she realised such a big dog was capable of moves like that.

He came with a suggestion that he might not be a great eater. I can happily report he's found his appetite,  he not only approaches in anticipation of his meals when I'm preparing them, he also knows exactly where the snacks are kept and heads straight to that cupboard when he knows a reward is on it's way.
And he doesn't show any inclination to take up residence on a settee ..... am I being lulled into a false sense of security?  :unsure:
He's a perfect boy and Mazzy and I are delighted to have been chosen by him :boucinghearts:

Edited by Gar
forgot to update with story

Aw love that pic, they look the best of friends already 😊

Fionn had no desire to come up on the sofa or bed when he was with us but I reckon his greyhound genes will out and he'll come up eventually.  I hope you have a big sofa 😃

That is great news that he is settling so well! I am delighted he found his appetite! When I had him here for the weekend he hardly ate at all! He must feel very relaxed and settled now! 🎉❤️🎉❤️

Congratulations Fiona on getting your wonderful forever home