SGS Forum
ClaireB

SGS Summer Picnic - Chatelherault Country Park

SGS would like to invite you to a picnic!! 

The format will be the same as last years,

Chatelherault Country Park,

Chatelherault, 

Carlisle Road, 

Ferniegair, 

Hamilton, 

South Lanarkshire, 

ML3 7UE

Sunday 3rd of September, 12pm to 4pm

We will be located in the front field, on the right as you come up the drive, there is a car park very close as well as a visitor centre with toilets and a cafe. The park also has good public transport for those who dont have access to a car, but do check timings etc beforehand.

What we are hoping is that everyone simply brings a dish or dishes, so if you are coming alone you would bring one item suitable for a picnic, if 4 of you were coming you would each bring a dish so 4 dishes - hope thats clear. Something suitable for a picnic and if folks can let us know here or by email what they are bringing then we/the team can "try" and "fill in" any gaps.

Could food please be "labelled" as vegetarian or containing nuts/seafood (we will have labels if that helps) to allow everyone to partake of suitable foods. Just a wee warning though folks SGS cannot accept any responsibility for food eaten so if you have allergies etc then please be advised. 

Can people please bring their own seats, blankets, dogs and drinks. SGS will supply the plates, cutlery, cups and as many serving spoons as we can. 

This area is not private/exclusive to SGS so we would ask, as always, that dogs are on lead and muzzled if appropriate and that poo is picked up.

In the event of inclement weather we are taking a gazebo to protect the goodies and dogs - people are on their own!!  :thumbup:

I'm trying to decide what to bring...maybe some salad and veggie sausage rolls, they went down well last year.

Aw sorry this is too close to the camping with hounds, it was great last year but sadly its too far to do both xx

Very excited to be bringing Kerr 🤗. Granny and Granpa are thinking of coming too so we will need to think about what food to bring and let you know.

Sorry we can't make it we are on holiday 😢

On 24/08/2017 at 0:34 PM, Irene lally said:

Very excited to be bringing Kerr 🤗. Granny and Granpa are thinking of coming too so we will need to think about what food to bring and let you know.

I'm hoping we can make it as well,  it would be great to catch up with you all 😊

Bringing my furry hooligan (yes, he does deserve this title at the moment) along on Sunday....thinking I'll do a dairy-free dessert, if I can figure out how to transport it in the car :-) Looking forward to it. 

On 31/08/2017 at 11:06 AM, FionaWark said:

Bringing my furry hooligan (yes, he does deserve this title at the moment) along on Sunday....thinking I'll do a dairy-free dessert, if I can figure out how to transport it in the car :-) Looking forward to it. 

Def don't want the hooligan trying it whilst in the car!! 

On 24/08/2017 at 0:34 PM, Irene lally said:

On 29/08/2017 at 3:29 PM, elleff said:

I'm hoping we can make it as well,  it would be great to catch up with you all 😊

On 31/08/2017 at 11:06 AM, FionaWark said:

The weather forecast is looking much more promising for tomorrow so we are going ahead with this event 1f603.png we will cut it down to finish at 3pm however as that is when the rain is scheduled 1f641.png Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!