SGS Forum
ClaireB

Summer Can Collection - Glasgow

SGS have been granted permission to hold a charitable street collection in Glasgow on Saturday the 27th of May. 

Exact location to be confirmed nearer the time but it will be city centre.

Please post below if you and your hound(s) are able to come along and shake some cans for a couple of hours. 

Please also indicate what slot you would be able to make, a rota will be emailed out to confirm everyones timings closer to the day.

11am - 1pm / 1pm - 3pm / 3pm - 5pm

Please note that timings may change due the number of people involved.

Robin and i will be there, not sure of time slot yet x

Hi Claire we would be able to do the morning slot with Caper and Brodie 

Not been on here for ages but today on FB a memory popped up from a year ago and it was about us going away to do the Dundee can collection ....... So got me thinking ...... Not heard anything this year ??????

Sorry but Clara can't do this one, I'm being a removal man for the day clearing out Sophie's flat in Aberdeen. Looks like the weather is going to be fine so have a good day and with luck we'll have full buckets.

On 20/05/2017 at 9:44 AM, kagcam said:

Not been on here for ages but today on FB a memory popped up from a year ago and it was about us going away to do the Dundee can collection ....... So got me thinking ...... Not heard anything this year ??????

The Dundee one will be later in the summer Karen

Here is the rota for Saturday - 

11am - 1pm - @Kaz / @Fiona2 (Karen McMahon and Fiona Morrison)

1pm - 3pm - @carole2 / @MaggieB (Carole Ure and Maggie and Bisk)

3pm - 5pm - @Vanesa / Gwenda Findley

Anyone whose name is not down on the rota is welcome to come along whenever they can make it. We will be meeting at the corner of Argyll and Buchanan street as usual but are free to move up and down Buchanan street throughout the day. The weather looks to be warm and dry so please remember to bring some water for your hounds and maybe something for them to lye down on. 

You will be joined by team members @Lorri and @Jax in the morning and afternoon respectively, they will take care of the buckets and cans etc. Lorri's SGS mobile number is - 07568107988 

If for any reason your plans change and you can no longer make it along please try to let us know as soon as you can.

Thank you so much for volunteering to raise funds for SGS.

3 minutes ago, Vanesa said:

Thanks will be there with Nico

Great! Ill make sure there is a homeless dog vest for him

Really sorry - Maisie and I are not going to be able to make it now due to uni assignment which I have an extension for. We will try to make it for the Christmas one though. Sorry again xx

Please note that due to inclement weather we will be restricting the can collection tomorrow to the first slot only. Anyone who is able is asked to come along from 11am - 1pm.

That's such a shame. I won't be able to make it.